This dish makes a great side for any broiled or grilled meat, as well as a quick main dish when you’re feeling really lazy, but want something yummy to eat.
Cacio e Pepe, Pepper Pasta
- Kosher salt for salting pasta water and to finish if needed
- 6 oz. Pasta (linguini or spaghetti)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted butter,
- 1 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup Finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup Finely grated Pecorino
Cook pasta in boiling water, reserve 1/2 to 1 cup of pasta cooking water before straining.
Meanwhile, have cheeses grated and ready. Add in pepper, butter, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta back into pan. Add cheeses, hold some back for garnishing everyone's plate.
Mix gently until a sauce is formed, and no liquid remains in the bottom of the pot. Add more water if dry. Taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed. The cheeses are salty, so this should be minimal.
Serve hot and garnish with extra cheese and fresh grated pepper.