This is so easy to do, you can make it as complicated as you like, or as simple. All of these dips and spreads can be store bought, or you can make them yourself.
This is sure to surprise your guests as this is not your average appetizer platter! Of course, these are just ideas, you can add cold cuts, other cheeses, different types of bread, pickles, crackers, just about anything!
The Easiest Perfect Mezze Platter
- Pita bread
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Feta cheese, cubed
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green olives
- Black Olives
- Cucumber, sliced on a diagonal 1/2-inch thick
- Toasted almonds and pistachoios Make a mix of any nut you like
- Falafel See below for recipe
- Tabbouleh See below for recipe
- Hummus See below for recipe
- Baba Ganoush See below for recipe
- Cut up melon
Arrange pita, artichokes, feta, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, almonds, tabbouleh and hummus on platter or wooden cheese board.
You can buy marinated artichoke hearts in jars in your deli section of your supermarket. If you want to make your own, just make a lemon vinaigrette and marinate a can or two of artichoke hearts overnight.
If you like to do it yourself, these are the recipes for Baba Ganoush, Tabouli, Falafel and Hummus.