Spiralized Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
Posted On March 25, 2019
Spiralized Peppers, Onions and Potatoes with Sausage
This is a good clean out the fridge recipe for when you have that half onion, pepper and the potato that's starting to sprout! I made this with a spiralizer and it's also a one pan plan. Easy! If you have a well stocked pantry, you can make this at the drop of a hat. This recipe is totally customizable, just use this for a template!
- 1 Small to medium onion
- 1/2 Bell pepper, any color
- 1/2 lb Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1-2 Serrano peppers, or jalapeno, only if you want it really spicy!
- Optional: Spiralized Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash
- 1 Medium potato
- 1 tsp fresh or dry thyme, can substitute parsley, oregano or rosemary
- 1-2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or monterey jack is good
Prep and Bake Your Veges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spiralize your onion and pepper. I use the coarse shred blade. Slice your hot pepper, I leave in the seeds because I like it spicy, remove them to tone down the heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment and add your vege's. Add pieces of sausage, scatter over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fresh or dry herb. Bake for 10 minutes. Spiralize potato a couple minutes before the vege's are done so it won't turn brown. Remove pan from oven, stir around and add potato and sweet potato or squash if using. Sprinkle with garlic and a little more salt and pepper. Give a spritz of cooking spray if it seems dry. Bake for 10-15 more minutes until potatoes are done to your liking and sausage is cooked through. Add shredded cheese to top and return to oven for one minute or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on plate with sour cream and/or guacamole or sliced avocado.