Spicy Lemon Chicken Wings
Discard the wing tips or make stock with them.
Use a mixture of herbs for the best flavor, I just used parsley and cilantro because they are readily available at the grocery store.
- 3 lb Chicken Wings, split at the joint
- Juice of one lemon, zest if before juicing, and add to marinade for stronger lemon flavor!
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce, use more if you like it really spicy!
- 1/2 cup Minced fresh herbs. Parsley, cilantro, lemon balm, dill, mint
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Use a bowl big enough to hold all the wings. Set aside until the wings are done.
Best made fresh, right before you cook the wings. If making for a party, it’s ok to make it a couple hours ahead. Keep at room temperature as you don’t want to put the hot wings in ice cold marinade!
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Air Fry the wings until crispy and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Turn half-way through cooking to ensure even crispiness.
To Bake: 30-45 minutes in the oven on a rack or on the grill. Depends on the size of the wings, flip and cook long enough to achieve optimum crispiness!
Once cooked, toss wings in marinade/dressing until coated. Must do this when they are piping hot as the heat from the wings partially cooks the garlic and brings out the herbal flavors.
Dig in, make sure there are plenty of napkins or paper towels. Pass the lemonade, iced tea or cold beer. Enjoy!